Saturday, January 5, 2013

A Hobbits Tale (pt2)

I began under painting with acrylics. I like to keep a photo copy of my original sketch handy as reference because I know I will end up painting over most of my lines. Plus i use it to help me figure out where I want my shadows.



I normally don't like to share a painting during this phase because there is always a moment during the Under-painting of any picture when I get extremely concerned.

I mean good god! Bilbo is looking more like an an alien than a Hobbit. But I know that this will all work out when I get to the Oils. Yet it is still scary. You just have to remember that during this stage your just laying in the dark for the shadows and that this will add more depth as you go.

I wanted to share this in case you are a new artist and like me teaching yourself as you go. Don't be afraid of what you see now. Look past it and keep going. In many ways this is like life. Inevitably you will hit an ugly spot yet its those ugly or rather how we deal with them that shape us. Sort of reminds me of Churchill's famous quote "If your going through Hell...just keep going!"

Good words for an artist even better words for Life!

Well got to get back to the easel.... I would love to here from you ..whether your an art enthusiast or if you are a fellow artist I welcome your thoughts, opinions and advice. 

©TCDART 2013 myows online copyright protection

No comments:

Post a Comment