Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year


Wow... seems quite unbelievable that 2012 has come to a close. The year flew by so fast and left me feeling a little out of sorts. Looking back I started out with a great many plans and goals but as happens all too often 'Life' takes over and changes our direction.

One regret I have is that I only completed a couple paintings in 2012. I started quite a few but none that I felt were truly complete. I struggled with a lot of self doubt and internal criticism. When you take control of the inner voice you can use it to push yourself further and force yourself to improve. However if you let the voice take control, you can become weighted and even paralyzed with the fear of rejection and criticism. You'll convince yourself to stop trying because your work is crap.

Looking forward to the year to come I know I need to focus more. So how do I do that, well one mistake I made in 2012 was not having a solid plan. I am going to change that for this year.

Here is my plan to change things.

Step 1: Come up with a new concept sketch every day. I figure that will give me at least 365  potential paintings.

Step 2: Post the sketches every day - no matter how complete they are. The only way to fight the fear of criticism is to show my work. Whether its complete to my satisfaction or not.

Step 3: Complete at least 1 painting every month. This is definitely where I fell short last year.

Well ... good bye 2012 and Hello 2013. Lets get to work shall we..

©TCDART 2013 myows online copyright protection

No comments:

Post a Comment