Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Sketch Book 2013 Day 1

Sketch Book 2013 - day 1


A Hobbits tale
Here is the first Sketch of 2013... The Hobbits tale. Like many people the work of J.R.R. Tolkien inspired me greatly and while I love Peter Jackson's movies I have a slightly different vision of hobbits in my head. I guess   so when I first began this sketch I could have taken a much more realistic approach similar to those images we see in the Major movies, but that wouldn't be me. The halflings I see are a little rounder and more stout and yes a little more cartoonish. 

My son and I recently watched Jackson's Fellowship of the ring and that is what most likely inspired this. As I watched the movie I began to think about how I imagined Sauron's Eye when I was a kid. I always pictured it sort of sideways enveloped in smoke and flames. 

No comments:

Post a Comment