Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Sketch Book 2013 day 2


Here are a couple more sketches for day 2.

The first one is very rough but I wanted to get it down on paper.
I have to apologize for the image quality... The pencil lines are pretty light and my cell camera was having a hard time. 
I spent the better part of the day helping my son set up our old desk top Computer in his room. He wants to use it for games. Well we haven't used that one much lately and after hours of updates it finally is up and running. 

So looking at the below you might be thinking how do cows relate to computers??

The layout is a view of a Window looking out into a country setting with Apple Trees and Cows. Some of the cows are munching on apples from the crates below the trees and one rather inquisitive cow is peeking in the window at us. 
On the inside of the window we have a desk with various items strewn about. 

The Idea here is all about view point. Every element in the picture is a reference to personal computers just from a different viewpoint. If you are a tech geek like me you might be able to pick up some of them without any hints. 

Some the references are easier to get than others.
The Window = Microsoft
The cows = Gateway
The Apple Trees and crates = Apple 
The potted flower is a Lotus 
The Coffee mug has a Dell logo and is a reference to Java
The globe next to the mug will have the Old IBM logo
The baseball cap has a Commodore Logo. 
Next to the globe an Abacus the worlds first computer 

The first sketch is very rough and loose. But if I'm gonna attempt to paint this one I have to practice drawing a cow or two... below is my first detailed go.






©TCDART 2013 myows online copyright protection

No comments:

Post a Comment